ss_blog_claim=71000579a0c571e3616e82f4d962e2f6 ss_blog_claim=71000579a0c571e3616e82f4d962e2f6

Credits

Femikey

Sunday, October 25, 2009

My New Marcasite Ring :-)


Yesterday I bought a new ring. It is called a Marcasite ring.


Marcasite has the same chemical formula as Pyrite, but crystallizes in a different crystal system, thereby making it a separate mineral.


The designs of the era – marked by an abundance of small but brilliant stones (especially during the Late Victorian era and the Art Noveau/Edwardian period) inlaid in silver and other precious metals – are experiencing a revival today. Modern Victorian-era inspired jewelry, however, are making use of a mineral called marcasite or white pyrite instead of the usual stones. Marcasite (sometimes called white pyrite or white iron pyrite) are actually pyrite crystals that are made into jewelry.

This picture above is one sample of a Marcasite ring I have found online. I will take a picture of my newly purchased ring as soon as I get it from the Jewelry shop. Thanks to G.

No comments:

Post a Comment